Here is a quick thought about why I do no believe in any gods or goddesses or any supernatural being:
1. Anything that fails to provide observable proof of its existence can not be proven to exist.
2. Reality is that which can be observed and that which can be proven.
3. Any metaphysical construct that elevates faith over observation elevates unreality over reality.
4. Religious metaphysics upholds faith over observation.
5. Religious metaphysics upholds the unreal over the real.
6. Religious metaphysics require the existence of a god.
7. The existence of a god is unreal.
This is just a thought. It's not a fully reasoned proof and I'm curious to get thoughts on it.
Also, if anyone is reading this, are you from the Muncie area? I'm looking to find or start a group of atheists/freethinkers in this area. People to jaw around with about ideas both high and mundane. Let me know.